There are numerous Bridal Shows going on at this time of year. We’re going into the fall and with the holidays coming up many women will become engaged. They will usually find inspiration in the wedding magazines you find at the check out in your local grocery stores and of course there are numerous on line options. But what about Bridal Shows? Do they help the bride and family? Or do they complicate the planning process?
As a Wedding Planner I’ve had the pleasure of participating in many bridal shows. The purpose of wedding vendors participation is meet new potential clients and to find a way to help these brides and their families in the planning process. So you register for your local bridal show and attend on the big day. But there’s so many vendors! What’s a bride to do?
Here’s a few tips to help you navigate your local bridal show:
- Take everything in. There are numerous vendors to stop and look at and decide if their business or product is what you need on your big day;
- Ask questions. What does the vendor offer? Is it a necessity for your big day? and if the answer is yes, what is the expense associated with their services or product;
- Gorgeous flowers and cake samples will be offered. Take in the inspiration you see. If you find something you’ve fallen in love with, is it something which will fit in your budget?
- You’ll find the newest trends at bridal shows. That’s exciting because now you’re on the cutting edge of what’s new and trending. A new trend for 2015 is using a Caricature Artist to draw pictures of your guests. How much fun is that and you can also use this as your favor. It serves a dual purpose, it’s interactive and it gives your guests a keepsake to take home with them. It’s a win, win!
- Collect information from the vendors. You’ll have time to sort through everything when you get home and have the time to review any offers, company info and to determine who, if anyone, you’d like to work with and set up a consultation appointment with.
When you’re at a bridal show you’ll see alot going on around you. Take your time working around the room and talk to vendors. Find out if they’re a right match for your wedding and your ideas. A bridal show can give you so much information and a starting platform to work from in planning your big day.
One of our local upcoming bridal shows is the CNY Bridal Ball, on October 12, 2014 and can be found at the Best Western on Carrier Circle, East Syracuse, New York. You will find free admission and free parking. It will run from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. We look forward to see everyone there! 12, 2014 /
Mary Homer, Fairy Tale Weddings and Events