It’s about 12 days before Christmas and if you haven’t started your Christmas Shopping, time is running out. So what do you do when the shelves are becoming bare in your favorite Department store? Here’s some easy “Last Minute” gifts that won’t look last minute.
1) Pictures – Everyone has pictures of their family, friends and pets. Use them as a personalized gift. You still have time to purchase a picture frame, have your favorite photo put a stocking or t-shirt or make a collage and frame it. Pictures always make a last minute gift easy.
2) Gift Baskets – Making your own gift basket is fun and easy. Decide who you’re gift basket is for and what their interests are. For your Coffee or Tea lover friends, choose a couple different flavors of their favorite brew, add in a few chocolate covered spoons or pretzel sticks and don’t forget the Biscotti. How much fun is dunking your Biscotti into your coffee or tea? And the receiver will love you for it, especially on a cold winter day. You can do this with any theme, food or even with wine. The best thing about this gift is you make it personal and it certainly doesn’t look last minute.
3) Home Made Fun – Do you make jam, jellies or relishes? Do you have a favorite cookie recipe you make around the holidays? This is the perfect opportunity to share your love. A homemade gift made with love and given at this time will make for lasting memories.
4) Gift Cards – Gift cards are everywhere. You’ll find them in your favorite Department Store, Pharmacy or even the Grocery Store. So if you’re feeling the pinch and time is running out, a gift card can put your mind at ease.
5) Candy – You will find boxes and boxes of candy everywhere. It’s simply a matter of taste. So check your out your Grocery Store, Pharmacy and even your favorite Department Store. As we move closer to the big day, your choices may become somewhat less but candy is always a great last minute gift for anyone on your list.
6) Adult Beverages – Wine and alcohol (Brandy, Vodka, etc) can always be found at your local liquor store. This would be for your adult family members and friends and I’m sure well received.
Although “Last Minute” gifts may be last minute, your guests don’t need to know it. By using some creativity and inspiration, you can make this holiday a fabulous day for you, your family and friends.
Mary Homer, Fairy Tale Weddings & Events