Have you ever been at a fabulous event and come across an over the top Dessert Table? Have you wondered how they do it? Dessert tables are pretty easy for even the most challenged of us. However to put together a great dessert table you need a plan. So here’s a few tips for you to follow.
- Plan ahead. If you plan ahead things will come together seamlessly.
- Choose a color or theme. This will help you decide on the many choices you will have and give you a cohesive look.
- Bake and freeze your goodies ahead of time. The last thing you want to think about on your wedding day or for any celebration is worrying about baking.
- Mix in store bought bake goods. Whether you purchase them from your local bakery or the grocery store, they will look wonderful mixed in together.
- Think outside the box. Use what you already have. Don’t be afraid to attach a beautiful plate to a substantial candle stick; use your white vessels (plates, bowls, platters and trays) they’ll look uniformed; experiment with different shapes and sizes.
- Have a design plan as this will give you a custom look and don’t be afraid to dress it up.
- Shop your closet and use what you already have. Think about fabrics (scarves, runners, linens, pretty paper, etc) to every day vases in your cupboards, as you’re building a scene for everyone to “ouhhh” and “ahhh” over.
- Use different heights to create dimension and visual interest.
By following these simple tips, you’ll find you’re able to create a memorable sweets table everyone will be talking about for some time to come. Be creative, be fearless and have fun!
Mary Homer – Fairy Tale Weddings & Events – http://www.fairytaleweddingsandeventsbymary.com
contributions from The Knot and Amy Atlas, author of “Sweet Designs”